Business FAQ

Outstanding matters

If you are thinking of buying a food business make sure that there are no outstanding matters prior to signing a lease. A letter should be forwarded to Council by your lawyer or yourself seeking information with regard to any outstanding matters. Any work required to be carried out on the premises that is not completed by settlement date will become the responsibility of the new proprietor.

The Food Act 2003 and Regulations hold the occupier, not the owner, responsible for both cleanliness and construction matters within the premises. If any of the construction is food related you are required to obtain a relevant certificate.

Helpful quicklinks

Starting a small business

Registration and licences

Approvals from Council

Operating a business from home

Notify Council of your home business

Connect to a local business network

Subscribe to the Liverpool Business Connect E-Newsletter

Information about Liverpool

Helpful organisations

Liverpool Chamber of Commerce

Business Connect

South West Sydney Business Enterprise Centres

Australian Taxation Office

NSW Small Business Commissioner

NSW Department of Industry, Skills and regional Development