If you are thinking of buying a food business make sure that there are no outstanding matters prior to signing a lease. A letter should be forwarded to Council by your lawyer or yourself seeking information with regard to any outstanding matters. Any work required to be carried out on the premises that is not completed by settlement date will become the responsibility of the new proprietor.
The Food Act 2003 and Regulations hold the occupier, not the owner, responsible for both cleanliness and construction matters within the premises. If any of the construction is food related you are required to obtain a relevant certificate.
- Starting a small business
- Registration and licences
- Approvals from Council
- Operating a business from home
- Notify Council of your home business
- Connect to a local business network
- Subscribe to the Liverpool Business Connect E-Newsletter
- Information about Liverpool