Development Application Lodgement

Due to the large volume of hard-copy Development Applications Liverpool Council Customer Service Centre receives, we kindly request that people please lodge their DAs with us before 4pm, Monday to Friday. Our opening hours are 8.30am-5pm. Lodging your DA one hour before the close of business allows Council service staff adequate time to provide feedback and advice on specific applications.

Completing the Development Application form

The Development Application form is a legal document you should ensure that there is no false or misleading information within the Development Application before you sign it as either the land owner or applicant.  Applications can be lodged by mail (Locked Bag 7064 Liverpool BC NSW 1871) or over the counter at our customer service centre (Ground floor, 33 Moore Street, Liverpool).  
Our e-planning portal enables tracking Development Applications, maps and online lodgement for eligible applications.

The following matters need particular attention on the Development Application form:

Land Owners Consent
  • In order to lodge a Development Application, you must obtain consent of the landowner, which includes the signature of every land owner.
  • If the owner is a Company or Owner's corporation, the application must be signed by a person under the common seal.
  • If your property is a strata unit and you are proposing development beyond your entitlement, you will need to get the approval of the Owners Corporation.
  • If you have recently purchased the property, Council may not have received formal notice of the sale and the former owner will be the listed on Council's records. You will need to provide Council with a copy of the transfer of sale or a letter from your solicitor advising ownership has changed.

Without landowners consent, Council cannot accept your Development Application.

DA Political Donations Disclosure

A State law requiring the public disclosure of donations or gifts when lodging or commenting on development proposals applies from 1 October 2008. This law is designed to improve the transparency of the planning system. The legislation relates to the disclosure of reportable political donations for State elections, elected members of NSW Parliament, Local Government elections and elected Council members. This will include the disclosure of gifts made to Councilors or Council employees.

A disclosure of a political donation or gift will need to be made whenever a person or their associate lodges a Development Application or makes a public submission about a Development Application. A reportable political donation is a donation of $1000 or more, or donations that total $1000 or more within the same financial year. A gift includes money or the provision of any other valuable thing or service for no or inadequate consideration.

It is an offence not to make a disclosure of a political donation or gift in relation to a DA or submission. A person found guilty of this offence can be fined up to $22,000 and/or sentenced to 12 months in prison.

More information is available at:

Potential Conflict of Interest

You must declare any potential conflict of interest which includes affiliations or associations with Council staff and Councillor's which may lead a reasonable person to believe that a staff member or Councillor may not be able to deal with your application in an impartial matter. This includes:

  • A friendship, personal or family relationship;
  • A shared membership in a club, political party or organisation; and
  • Business associations with a staff member or Councillor outside their official role at Council.