Liverpool’s Planning Controls
There are a number of documents and plans that guide future development and provide a framework for Liverpool’s planning controls. Some of these plans and policies are Council documents while some are policies of the NSW Government. These include the NSW Government’s A Plan for Growing Sydney, District Plans and the Liverpool Community Strategic Plan. These documents provide a framework for Liverpool’s planning controls.
Council’s planning controls can be viewed below or browsed through Council's new e-planning portal. This provides Council's principle planning documents in a single easy to navigate location. To access the e-planning portal please click the link below.
Environmental Planning Instruments
Environmental Planning Instruments (EPIs) are the statutory controls for land use and major development standards. They usually consist of a written statement and a series of maps. They include controls for land uses and zoning, key development standards such as height of buildings, subdivision sizes and floor space limitations, controls for other matters such as heritage, flooding, tree preservation and identification of land marked for acquisition by Council and government authorities.
In Liverpool the EPI for a piece of land will be either the Liverpool Local Environmental Plan 2008 or a State Environmental Planning Policy.
- Liverpool Local Environmental Policy (LLEP) 2008: the primary environmental planning instrument in most areas of Liverpool.
- State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPPs): override the LLEP 2008 in some areas of Edmondson Park South, Austral and Leppington and Western Sydney Parklands.
Development Control Plans
Development Control Plans (DCPs) provide detailed design controls for development. They consist of a written statement, illustrations and maps. They include controls that apply to all land covered by the Development Control Plan, certain land use zones, and certain localities.
In Liverpool there are currently three Development Control Plans that apply. These are:
- Liverpool Development Control Plan 2008: this applies to all land in Liverpool except where the following plans apply.
- Edmondson Park South Development Control Plan 2012: this applies to all land in Edmondson Park South that is specified in the State Environmental Planning Policy (State Significant Precincts) 2005
- Liverpool Growth Centre Precincts Development Control Plan: this applies to all land in Austral and Leppington North that is specified in the State Environmental Planning Policy (Sydney Region Growth Centres) 2006
Other Planning Controls & Documents
Other planning controls and documents also apply to Liverpool.
Last updated on 12th Dec 2016