Development Application

Due to the large volume of Development Applications Liverpool Council Customer Service Centre receives, please lodge your DAs with us before 4pm, Monday to Friday. Our opening hours are 8.30am - 5:00pm. This allows Council time to provide feedback and advice.


The Development Application form is a legal document. Make sure that there is no false or misleading information.  Applications can be lodged:

  • By mail: Locked Bag 7064 Liverpool BC NSW 1871; or
  • In person: Ground floor, 33 Moore Street, Liverpool.  

    Our e-planning portal allows you to lodge your application, view maps and track it's progress.

Main considerations

Land Owners Consent
  • In order to lodge a Development Application, you must obtain consent of the landowner, which includes the signature of every land owner.
  • If the owner is a Company or Owner's corporation, the application must be signed by a person under the common seal.
  • If your property is a strata unit and you are proposing development beyond your entitlement, you will need to get the approval of the Owners Corporation.
  • If you have recently purchased the property, Council may not have received formal notice of the sale and the former owner will be the listed on Council's records. You will need to provide Council with a copy of the transfer of sale or a letter from your solicitor advising ownership has changed.
  • Without landowners consent, Council cannot accept your Development Application.
DA Political Donations Disclosure

A disclosure of a political donation or gift will need to be made whenever a person or their associate lodges a Development Application or makes a public submission about a Development Application.

Potential Conflict of Interest

You must declare any potential conflict of interest which includes affiliations or associations with Council staff and Councillor's.

This includes:

  • A friendship, personal or family relationship;
  • A shared membership in a club, political party or organisation; and
  • Business associations with a staff member or Councillor outside their official role at Council.