Sporting Donations Program
Residents of the Liverpool local Government Area (LGA) are eligible to apply for donations towards the cost of participating in representative sporting events for which they have qualified. The donations are based on the level of representation achieved: regional, state or national level.
The following donations are possible:
- $100 for regional representation;
- $200 for state representation;
- $500 for national representation;
- $500 for team representation;
- 75% of team resides in Liverpool LGA;
- club must be based in Liverpool LGA
- maximum of 3 teams per club;
- $100 for coach / referee / umpire / official representation.
Successful applicants will only be able to apply for one donation per financial year.
All applications are assessed by the Liverpool City Sports Committee with recommendations presented for Council approval on a quarterly basis. Decisions will be final with no further correspondence being entered into.
Sporting Grants Program
Local sporting groups are encouraged to participate in Council's Sporting Grants Program.
Council has committed to promoting and developing junior sport (under 16's) and junior disability sport within the Liverpool Local Government Area.
As part of the Sporting Grants Program, Council has allocated $25,000 for junior sporting clubs and $5000 for junior disability sporting clubs in 2018. These grants are available for up to $5,000 per club. Sporting groups or clubs can apply for a grant under one of five categories, including:
- Sports development
- Ground development and maintenance equipment
- Sporting equipment
- Club diversity.
Find out more about grants and donations.