Liverpool City Council has developed a revised Master Plan and a supporting Draft Plan of Management for one of the most exciting projects in our LGA – Hammondville Aquatic and Leisure Precinct.
Council has consulted with the community and explored opportunities to transform this already much-loved site into a combined aquatic and leisure precinct. The precinct will provide a state-of-the-art aquatic, social, cultural and recreational experience all in one place.
Thank you to the local community who have helped us shape the vision of this exciting space, making it a fun, exciting and welcoming space for all. Our stage one surveys showed that 48 percent of respondents chose a modern aquatic centre as one of the top three things they wanted in the area. This was followed by sports and recreation opportunities and a place for young people to get together and hang out. You can view our full community consultation report here.
The Master Plan and Draft Plan of Management reflect a very special place where our whole community can come together. We’re continuing to gather feedback on this updated Master Plan via our online survey - Hammondville final master plan and want to hear your thoughts on what we may have missed.
We’re also inviting you to share your feedback and questions on the Draft Plan of Management and the re-categorisation of community land. You can read the draft plan here and provide any feedback via our online survey - Draft Plan of Management.
You can also register here to attend our public hearing in person on 11th December at Moorebank Community Centre from 6 - 7pm. Here an independent chairperson from Parkland Planners, will record all feedback and questions regarding the draft plan and re-categorisation of land. This report will then be submitted to Council.
Where is the project taking place?
Hammondville Leisure Precinct is a regional park with a large community sporting club presence located on Heathcote Road, Hammondville. The current precinct is home to a number of sporting clubs, who we consulted with to ensure we can best respond to their needs. The above image provides an overview of where this exciting place will sit in relation to some of our most important local spaces, places and infrastructure.
What is proposed?
At a high level, the revised masterplan proposes:
- The construction of a new aquatic and leisure centre
- Council services that may include Library, Childcare and Community facilities in an integrated Community Hub model;
- Installation of synthetic/hybrid soccer fields;
- Upgrades to existing sports club facilities
- Greater pedestrian connections to and around Hammondville Oval, Including upgrades to the creek.
As a centrepiece to the plan, the Aquatic and Leisure Centre is proposed to integrate seamlessly with the surrounding sporting facilities and maximise connections with the sporting recreation and open spaces.
The revised concept masterplan not only proposes a new leisure and community hub but aspires to improve the current facilities by:
- Providing access to and along Harris Creek for walking with country trails and cycling;
- Linking train station, pedestrian and cycling routes to allow for easier public access for local residents
- Provide access from the neighbouring retirement living areas into and within the site (including Sporties)
- Landscape regeneration and renewal of existing sporting ovals
How was the design developed?
The design was developed in close collaboration with the community, to ensure we created a plan that responds to our community today and well into the future. You can view our full Community Consultation Report in our documents above.
We are currently in the final stage of community consultation, which is an important opportunity for you to share with us what we may have missed in designing this precinct, and help define what the community may still need.
Have your say
During this final phase of consultation, we want to hear your feedback on anything we may have missed, to do this you can:
- Complete our online survey here
- Send us a Written submission: Share your vision for Hammondville Park and the new aquatic precinct through a written submission to: email@example.com or Locked Bag 7064, Liverpool BC NSW 1871, quoting File No 364640.2023 by 16th January 2024.
At a later stage, we will present the final Masterplan and illustrate how your inputs have helped shape the final plan.