Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre provides a space for the interaction and exchange of ideas, philosophies, cultures and art forms. The work presented engages with communities and resonates with arts and culture locally, nationally and internationally.
Our multi-disciplinary arts centre is located on Tharawal country on the banks of the Georges River.
The centre boasts:
- Six galleries with a year round exhibition program of changing exhibitions produced and presented by Casula Powerhouse;
- A 321 seat theatre with full seasons of touring productions from some of Australia's most renowned companies;
- Two artist studios including the Clayhouse Ceramics Studio;
- A series of permanent public artworks;
- Climate controlled storage facilities for the collection of over 30,000 items;
- Green open spaces: Weaving Garden, Alice Klaphake Amphitheatre and 20 hectares of parklands
We are a growing organisation, if you are passionate about the arts and cultural diversity. Come be a part of something greater!
Visit Casula Powerhouse for more information.
Below you will find descriptions for some of our Arts & Culture roles.
The Curator sources and manages the artworks of an exhibition. The Curator also works with the artists to develop the accompanying catalogue.
- Degree in Art History or Museum Studies or equivalent experience
The Marketing Officer manages the entire marketing and media requirements of Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre including local and metropolitan advertising, online and direct mail strategies and communications for all programs.
- Qualifications in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent experience
As a Visitor Services Officer you are the first point of contact with visitors, clients and other stakeholders visiting the Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre. Your role is to provide efficient and effective information and box office services in person or by telephone or email to all Casula Powerhouse visitors.
- Certificate or training in a customer service related role
Assistant Technical Producers work closely with the Technical Producer to provide services and technical support to presenters and clients. These services include the management and maintenance of all theatrical and gallery technical equipment including lighting, sound and audio visual.
- Tertiary qualifications in production, or events management and/or at least 3 years comparable industry experience.
The Venue and Events Producer, Centre Programs manages and maintains the Casula Powerhouse program schedule and event management booking system. The position is responsible for delivering logistical plans for the Centre's programs as well as producing festivals, events and productions.
- Tertiary qualifications in production or events management and/or industry experience.