In light of current circumstances Liverpool Local Planning Panel meetings will be held online until further notice.
The Liverpool Local Planning Panel (LLPP) was established to provide an independent hearing forum for objectors and applicants on certain applications.
The LLPP meetings are held on Mondays with the public hearing commencing at 2pm.
The Panel assesses applications in a manner that is ethical, professional and independent of Liverpool City Council.
The Panel include an independent forum for stakeholders, applicants, the community and objectors, to discuss and determine development applications in a public forum
Applications which are referred to the Panel for determination as follows:
- Development for which the applicant or land owner is;
- The Council
- A Councillor
- A member of Council staff who is principally involved in the exercise of Council’s functions under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979,
- A member of Parliament (either the Parliament of NSW or Parliament of the Commonwealth), or
- A relative (within the meaning of the Local Government Act 1993) of a person referred to in (b) to (d)
- Development that:
- In the case of a Council having an approved submissions policy – is the subject of the number of submissions set by that policy, or
- In any other case – is the subject of 10 or more unique submissions by way of objection.
- Development that contravenes a development standard imposed by an Environmental Planning Instrument (EPI) by more than 10% or non-numerical development standards.
- Sensitive development including;
- Designated Development
- Development to which State Environmental Planning Policy No 65 – Design Quality of Residential Apartment Development applies.
- Development involving the demolition of a heritage item.
- Development for the purpose of new licensed premises, that will require one of the following liquor licenses:
- A club license under the Registered Clubs Act 1976
- A hotel (general bar) license under the Liquor Act 2007, or
- An on-premises license for public entertainment venues under the Liquor Act 2007
- Development for the purpose of sex services premises and restricted premises.
- Development applications for which the developer has offered to enter into a planning agreement.
Note: Council may on occasion request from the Panel exercise its authority and defer the power to determine an application back to Council for minor applications that fall within any of the criteria set out above that have received no public submissions.
The Chairperson will open the meeting and introduce the panel members. The order of items are set out in the agenda. This is available before the meeting.
As each item is referred to, the objectors are invited to speak. The applicant will then be offered the opportunity to respond. Questions may be asked by the Panel members. After receiving all of the submissions, the meeting will be closed.
The Panel will then discuss the issues raised and consider the Assessment Officer's report. The LLPP makes a recommendation and prepares a report to go to Council for consideration.
There is no guarantee that the panel will adopt the recommendation of the Assessment Officer.
If you wish to speak to the panel regarding a matter on the agenda, please contact Liverpool City Council by 4pm on the Friday prior to the meeting.
Local Planning Panel meetings are open to the public.
The panel members, who are independent of Council, will consist of a specialist in town planning, law, environment, urban design, traffic and a community representative. Panel members are on rotation and will be introduced on the meeting night.
The Assessment Officer is the staff member who is assessing the application for Council. The Assessment Officer prepares a report for the panel which includes their evaluation, the concerns raised during the exhibition period and their recommendations.
Council staff are responsible for notification of the LLPP meetings.
- Michael Manti - Chair
- Julie Walsh - Alternate Chair
- David Ryan - Alternate Chair
- Michael Harrison - Expert Panel Member
- Fiona Gainsford - Expert Panel Member
- Jason Perica - Expert Panel Member
- Grant Christmas - Expert Panel Member
- Matthew Taylor - Expert Panel Member
- Lindsay Fletcher - Expert Panel Member
- Mary-Lynne Taylor - Expert Panel Member
- Marjorie Ferguson - Expert Panel Member
- Stephen Raymond Dobell-Brown - Community Representative (South Ward)
- Carl Edwards Hadfield - Community Representative (North Ward)
- Lisa Aifantis – Community Representative
- Ula Jane Llewellyn - Community Representative
- Daryl Hawker – Community Representative
After the panel has considered submissions made by interested parties, the panel will make a determination on the application. This becomes public the day following the meeting.
Please note that the panel may defer the determination of the application.
|LLPP Meeting Dates 2020||LLPP Meeting Agenda 2020||LLPP Meeting Minutes 2020|
|29 June||Electronic determination |
|7 September||Electronic determination |
|9 September||Electronic determination|
Addendum to Agenda for item 1 DA-698/2020