Liverpool's Community Recycling Centre, located at 99 Rose Street, Liverpool, is now an authorized Paintback collection point.
Paintback is a waste paint and packaging collection scheme for architectural and decorative paint. Both trade and household customers are now able to bring their unwanted paint to the Community Recycling Centre.
- Interior and exterior architectural paint
- Deck coatings and floor paints
- Primers, undercoats and sealers
- Stains and shellacs
- Varnishes and urethanes (single component)
- Wood coatings
- Industrial maintenance coatings
- Automotive and industrial surface coating (shop application) paints and finishes
- Aerosol paints
- Automotive paints
- Anti-fouling coatings
- Melamine, metal and rust preventative
- Caulking compounds, epoxies, glues or adhesives
- Colourants and tints
- Paint thinners, mineral spirits or solvents
- Paint additives
- Roof patch or repair
- Tar-based or bitumen-based products
- Two-component coatings
- Traffic paints
- Texture coatings
- Bagged renders
- Metal coatings
- Paint washing
This service is being funded through a 15 cent levy on new paints at the point of purchase.
Please note that we have a limit of up to 100 litres in containers of 20 litres or smaller. For volumes greater than 100 litres please contact Paintback directly on (03) 9670 3076 or via email@example.com
- Households and trade painters take their unwanted paint and packaging to a Paintback site (up to 100 litres per visit secured in containers of 20 litres or less).
- The waste paint and packaging is stored at the collection point ready for Paintback to pick it up.
- Paintback transports it from the collection point for treatment. The packaging and waste liquid are separated.
- The containers are recycled. The waste solvent paint is used as an energy source. Water is separated from acrylic paint and recycled, significantly reducing landfill.
For more information, visit the Paintback scheme website.