The Liverpool City Council Community Recycling Centre (CRC) facility provides the community with a free and convenient way of dropping off their problem wastes for environmentally-friendly recycling.
The opening times are 7am to 3pm, Monday to Saturday inclusive. There are some new health protocols which are in place under the current NSW Health Orders, for the protection of both the public and staff members, which customers must obey.
- Customers must NOT visit the facility if they have any flu-like symptoms. Staff are authorised to turn away any customer who reports as being unwell.
- Customers must sign in with the staff member at the entry of the facility using the QR code provided, using their smart phone equipped with the Service NSW Government app. Any visitor without a smart phone, will be asked to provide their name and a valid contact number.
- Customers must stay in their vehicles at all times, and wear a face mask over their nose and mouth while in the facility.
A boom gate is in place at the CRC entrance, ensuring only one vehicle can access the facility at a time. We ask customers to be patient, and follow the directions of Council staff, who will unload items for customers, and allocate them to the correct storage location. Please check below for the materials that the CRC accepts.
Community Recycling Centre,
99 Rose Street,
Liverpool, NSW 2170
Opening Hours: Monday - Saturday, 7am to 3pm
Disposal of Waste Items
As a reminder to all customers, wrapping paper is not accepted at the CRC, quantities of materials to be dropped off must be domestic quantities only, not commercial amounts and waste materials must be sorted into their different types before arriving at the facility. Commercial quantities of materials will be refused and anyone arriving with unsorted loads of materials will be asked to drive out and separate them before re-entering. This is to ensure that other customers will not be kept waiting.
Residents are able to dispose of the following waste items free of charge:
*See below for list of accepted e-waste items
*Max. container size 20kgs or 20L, Max. 100L in total volume
*Film only, dispose of paper reports & envelopes separately
*Max. 20L of motor oil, and 20L of other oil per day, with a max. container size 20L
Many of the above materials can be reused and recycled if processed correctly. Recycling helps our environment because it saves water, energy and natural resources.
Examples of electronic and electrical waste collected at the CRC:
- Video & DVD players
- Stereos and speakers
- Fax machines
- Electronic games and toys
- Game consoles
- Digital & video cameras
- Desktop and laptop computers
- Computer monitors
- Computer mouse
- Hard drives
- Network, video and sound cards
- Vacuum cleaners
- Alarm clocks
- Toasters and kettles
- Drills and other power tools
For everyone’s safety and to meet licencing obligations, all users of the Centre must agree to:
- Obey all health directions and practices to do with Covid-19, as described above, to protect the public and Council staff.
- Safely and securely transport material to the centre.
- Follow all directions given by staff.
- When directed to stop, turn vehicle off.
- Only transport the approved types of waste to the site.
- The total quantity of materials to be dropped off must be a domestic amount, not greater than a standard box trailer or small van load. The maximum quantity of paint accepted is 100 litres per day, measured by the volume of the paint cans, not the contents, with a maximum container size of 20 litres. The maximum quantity of motor oil and cooking oil is 20 litres per day, measured by the volume of the containers dropped off, with a maximum container size of 20 litres.
- Identify all materials you are disposing of when asked by staff. Visual inspections will be made by staff.
- Sort all material you are disposing of.
- Ensure polystyrene material is clean, i.e. free of plastic wrap, stickers.
- Advise staff if you are carrying any tyres, asbestos or other hazardous material.
- Staff can refuse to accept items or materials which Council is not licensed to accept or are above the restricted quantities.
- Ensure that children under 12 years of age and pets remain in vehicles at all times.
- Not enter receptacle area, which is clearly marked with a white line.
- Wear footwear at all times, preferably enclosed footwear.
- Not scavenge from any area of the Centre.
- Not smoke inside or outside your vehicle.
- Be aware of other vehicles in the Centre.
- Not use offensive behaviour or language as it will not be tolerated. Customers displaying this behaviour will be requested to leave the site.
- Customers not complying with directions from staff will be requested to leave the site.
- No photographs or videos to be taken on site without prior authorisation.
Please note: Council has installed CCTV cameras at the Community Recycling Centre, for the safety and security of customers and staff.
For more information call the Environment Line on 131 555 or Liverpool City Council's Customer Service Centre on 1300 36 2170. Alternatively visit the EPA Environment Line or EPA Recycling Centres webpage.
This is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy. For more information, visit the NSW Environment Protection Authority.
Your Recycling and Rubbish Bins
Bin Collection Days
Your red-lid residual waste bin is collected every week with your yellow-lid recycling bin (and green-lid garden waste bin, if your property is provided with one) being collected on alternate fortnights.
Please remember, when presenting your bins for collection that:
- Your bin lids should close flush.
- There is a space of at least 50cm between bins and that bin wheels face towards the house
- Bins are presented for collection no earlier than the evening before your collection day
- Bins are returned to your property as soon as they have been emptied.
- Public holidays will not affect the collection of your bins.
If you would like a generic recycling fridge calendar to be mailed to you or if you are experiencing issues with downloading your bin collection calendar, please contact Council on 1300 36 2170.
Are you a keen recycler and could do with an extra recycling bin? Do you have a large family and need additional bins?
Click here to download the 2020-2021 Application Form for Additional and Bin Upgrades. Property owner authorisation required. Fees apply.
Experiencing issues trying to access your recycling calendar?
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented. Your recycling day information is based on the official address of the residential property as stated on your rates notice.
Please report any technical issues to Liverpool City Council on 1300 36 2170 so that the issue can be addressed.