The Environmental Health Unit is responsible for implementing policies and monitoring compliance through inspections and investigations.
Examples of the programs undertaken by the unit include:
- Health inspections at food premises, hairdressers, beauty and skin penetration premises, public swimming pools and spas, caravan parks, mortuaries, cooling towers and warm water systems;
- On site sewage inspections;
- Investigating complaints;
- Inspections of industrial premises;
- Development of policies on public and environmental health.
Fees are applicable for the registration, inspection and monitoring of premises.
For more information see below:
- Cooling Water and Warm Water Systems
- General Nuisance Complaints
- Noise Pollution
- On-site Sewage Management
- Beauty Salons and Hairdressing (Including Skin Penetration Premises)
- Swimming Pool and Spa Inspections
- Solid Fuel Heaters
For more information contact 1300 362 170.