Event Permits

If you want to hold a public event or perform certain functions, like filming or busking, in the Liverpool area you might need a permit and Council's approval to do it.

All the permits Council issues are listed below.

If you are not sure if you need a permit, email externaleventpermit@liverpool.nsw.gov.au.

Click here to view the Public Event Manual , which will assist you in planning your event in the Liverpool local government area.

Buskers make an important contribution to the colour and life of Liverpool reflecting styles, values and issues of society at large.

Anyone wishing to busk within Liverpool must obtain a valid permit and acknowledge and agree to comply with Council’s Buskers policy.

Buskers under the age of 18 years must have parental/guardian consent and use this form - Buskers Under 18 Years of Age Registration Application Online Form.

All other buskers please use this form - Busker Registration Application Online Form.

Charitable Collection, the soliciting or receiving of any money, property or other benefit from the public, constitutes where a representation is made (even if implied) that the appeal is for a charitable purpose or for the support of an organisation having a charitable object.

Click here to view the Charitable Collections on Council Controlled Lands Policy.

Click here to complete the Charity, Community and Government Body Stall Holders On-line application form.

Applicants must schedule a meeting with Council's Events and Approvals Officer by calling (02) 8711 7655 or emailing externaleventpermit@liverpool.nsw.gov.au before submitting applications to review event concept, venues and dates.

Venues are not confirmed until applications have been submitted in full. It is strongly recommended that applications are submitted at least four months prior to the event to avoid missing out on venue bookings.

An event application fee is applicable according to Council's Statement of Revenue Policy.

Payment is required when submitting an application with all the relevant information, additional fees such as park bookings, bonds and section 68 application fees will also apply.

Advertising a proposed Event is not permitted without Liverpool City Council approval.

Liverpool is Australia's fourth-oldest town behind Sydney, Parramatta and Hobart, with a wonderfully diverse population and rich history that makes it a very attractive place for photography and film making.

The approval process ensures proposed filming and/or photography is suitable for the location, residents are notified where applicable, and that organisations have public liability insurance.

Filming & Photography in the City of Liverpool on-line application form

Filming in cultural significance land may require notification or additional approval the traditional owner associated with the area in which the land is situated.

Click the link here for more information.

Filming in sites that may be considered critical habitat directly affected by a recovery plan or threat abatement plan.

Recover plans are available here

Threat abatement plans are available here.


Warner Bros. International Television ProductionsAustralia Pty Ltd

Reality TV


Transport NSW

Western Sydney Aerotropolis Drone

Are you a market operator looking to expand into South West Sydney? Liverpool City Council is seeking market operators to hold annual markets on Council-owned land.

Market operators are encouraged to inspect the available event locations, outlined in the Markets Application, prior to commencing their application process to ensure that their market will suit the particular site. It is recommended that site selection be based upon the nature of the market, the approximate size and space that is required, the number of expected attendees, proximity to public transport, and frequency of markets.

Interested parties should then contact the Council's Events and Approving Officer on (02) 8711 7655 to check the availability of the site and arrange a meeting.

All completed Market Applications must be submitted with all required documents and application fees will apply in line with Council's Statement of Revenue Policy.

Applications are to be submitted by email addressed to: externaleventpermit@liverpool.nsw.gov.au

Note: For markets operated on private land. Please contact Council’s Duty Planner on 1300 362 170 for further advice.

Click here to download Markets Policy.

Click here to complete the on-line Markets Application Form.

Can food trucks trade on Council and Public Land?

Council is governed by the State Government and must adhere to the current Public Order. Please click here for the latest update.

Council’s Mobile Food Vending Vehicles Program is now available.

What's Council requirement for food trucks trading on private property?

Please contact Council’s Duty Planner on 1300 362 170 during business hours for planning advice.

Submit a completed a health business registration application to be assess by Council’s Environmental Health Department by clicking here.

What are the requirements for food truck fit out?

Please visit NSW Food Authority website for further information.

Visit Liverpool City Council Environmental Health website for local health requirements.

How do I arrange for a Food Safety inspection?

Please click here and complete a Health Business Registration application for Council’s Environmental Health Department to schedule for a health inspection.

How do I register to participate in Liverpool City Council events?

Please click here and complete an online Expression of Interest for consideration.

Will Council promote/share their food truck activation?

Food trucks can be promoted on Council’s business directory subject to an approval from Council’s Tourism Officer.


Mobile Food Vending Vehicles Policy

Mobile Food Vehicle Application

ONLINE - Mobile Food Vehicle Application form

For further assistance, please contact Council’s Events and Approvals Officer on 8711 7655 or 0437 650 169 email externaleventpermit@liverpool.nsw.gov.au