Household Chemical Clean Out Event
Liverpool City Council works with the NSW Environment Protection Authority to provide residents with a free and environmentally-safe opportunity to dispose of their unwanted household chemicals.
It's a great opportunity for residents and the community to clean out their cupboards, garages, sheds and laundries of unwanted chemicals and drop them into Council to be recycled or disposed of correctly.
Materials that will be accepted include:
- Paint and paint-related products such as thinners, strippers and varnish
- Pesticides and herbicides (fungicides, bait/poisons, wood preservatives)
- Solvents and household cleaners
- Motor oils, fuels and fluids
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Pool chemicals
- Acids and alkalis
- Hobby chemicals, such as photography chemicals
- Fluorescent tubes
No chemicals will be accepted either before or after the event by Council.
- Only household quantities are accepted - up to a maximum of 20 litres of a liquid waste or 20 kilograms of one single item, except paint, where up to 100 litres in 20 litre containers are accepted.
- Materials collected are treated and disposed in a manner least harmful to the environment and human health
- Residents are advised to transport the materials in original containers if possible, without mixing, and ensure containers are well-sealed. Containers holding liquids should be wrapped in newspaper and secured in plastic bags, then packed into buckets or trays. It is advisable to transport the materials in a space away from passengers, such as in the boot.
Business-related and commercial quantities will not be accepted. Call the Environment Line on 131 555 to find out correct disposal for businesses.
If you are unable to attend this Chemical Clean Out Event and wish to dispose of paints, oils, batteries, gas bottles and fire extinguishers, the Liverpool Community Recycling Centre (CRC) will accept these items.
You can visit the CRC at:
Community Recycling Centre,
99 Rose Street,
Liverpool, NSW 2170
Opening Hours: Monday - Saturday, 7am to 3pm