You can register to receive your rates and instalment notices by email through eNotices.

How to pay your rates


You can pay your rates online through Post Billpay.


Call 1300 859 651. Payments can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.


Pay over the phone or online through your bank. Biller Code is #4440.

Direct debit

Download the Direct Debit Request Form and send it to Liverpool City Council, Locked Bag 7064, Liverpool BC, NSW 1871.

In person

Pay at Council's Customer Service Centre, 33 Moore Street, Liverpool, NSW 2170.

You can pay by cash, eftpos or credit card. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.

Australia Post

You can pay in person at any post office.


For customers experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 epidemic, we are only too willing to work alongside you to develop a payment plan and offer an interest free period to assist you during this time. To apply for financial hardship assistance please complete the following application Rates Hardship Application. Council will be get back to you shortly. For any further information please contact Liverpool City Council on 1300 36 2170.

Rates can be paid as:

One lump sum on or before 31 August each year;


Four quarterly instalments, due:

  • 1st instalment: 31 August
  • 2nd instalment: 30 November
  • 3rd instalment: 28 February
  • 4th instalment: 31 May

(These dates are the same every year).

In determining rates payable by landowners, Council is mindful of setting rates which are as fair and equitable as possible, whilst complying with the relevant State Government legislation. With residential rates, Council uses a base amount to help even out rate increases in areas where there have been extreme variations in land values. In other words, not all your rate amount is tied to the land value of your property. As previously indicated, the base amount proposed for 2019-2020 is $575 per property.

Your residential rate is calculated in two parts using:

  1. Your land value
  2. A base charge.

Here is an example of how a residential rate would be calculated in 2019-2020 for an average land value of $437,000 at 2.3 per cent permissible increase.

Land Value $437,000 X 0.001355 $592.14
Base Amount $575.00
Environment Levy $437,000 X 0.0000524 $ 23.51
Domestic Waste Management Annual Charge $456.00
Storm water Management Annual Charge $ 25.00
Total Rates Payable$1,671.65

If your quarterly payments are not paid in full by the due date, you may have to pay interest on the amount owing. The interest charge is calculated daily at a rate of 7.5% p.a.

If you are a pensioner, you may be entitled to a rebate.

To apply for the rebate complete the online form or download and complete the Pensioner Concession Application Form

Please provide a photo/scanned copy of both sides of your Pensioner Concession Card. Failure to do so will delay the processing of your application.

All NSW councils give a mandatory rebate of up to $250 to eligible pensioners.

You are an eligible pensioner if:

  • You are liable for the rates and charges on a property, which is your sole or principal residence, and;
  • You have a current pensioner concession card issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veteran’s Affairs;
  • You are a widow or widower of a member of the Australian Defence or Peacekeeping Forces, or;
  • You are the unmarried mother of a deceased unmarried member of either of those forces, or;
  • You are a widowed mother of a deceased unmarried member of either of those forces, or;
  • You are a TPI under the Veterans' Entitlement Act 1986, or;
  • You receive a general rate of pension adjusted for extreme disablement under section 22 (4) of the Veterans’ Entitlement Act 1986 of the Commonwealth, or a special rate of pension under section 24 of that Act.

If you meet the above criteria, please contact us on 1300 36 2170 or visit our Customer Service Centre, 33 Moore Street, Liverpool, NSW 2170.

Valuations are conducted by the Valuer General in accordance with Section 48(2) of the Valuation of Land Act and generally occur every three years. The valuation is based on the unimproved capital value of the land (the value of the block of land if no structural improvements had been made).

You can appeal the valuation by writing to the Valuer General to request a review on 1800 110 038 or by email to valuationenquiry@property.nsw.gov.au.

Certain land is exempt from rating and referred to as Non-Rateable Land.

In order to be eligible for exemption, your land must fit into the following categories as defined by the Local Government Act 1993:

  • Churches
  • Minister's residences
  • Schools
  • Public land
  • Hospitals
  • Land owned and used by public charities and certain other land as provided in section 555 of the Local Government Act 1993.

If you have changed your name, a copy of your Marriage Certificate or change of name certificate must be sent to Council by email to lcc@liverpool.nsw.gov.au, or posted to Liverpool City Council, Locked Bag 7064, Liverpool BC, NSW 1871.

If your current postal address is different from the address shown on the front of the rates notice, please notify us immediately in writing by email or post.

You can apply for a postponement of rates if you are:

  • The person responsible for paying rates for land on which there is a single dwelling house, that is used or occupied as such; or
  • The person responsible for paying the rates for land, which is capable of subdivision and on which there is a single dwelling house that is used or occupied as such; but because of its zoning or permitted use, the land is valued for rating purposes in a way that reflects its zoning or permitted use, rather than its actual use.

The rates postponed relate to the portion of the value that the Valuer General determines is related to its zoned or permitted use.

For more information, phone 1300 36 2170.

There is a separate charge for domestic waste management services including garbage, clean-up and recycling services.

The current annual domestic waste management charge for a regular service is $456 each dwelling or unit.

This certificate is generally issued as part of the conveyancing process as proof for the purchaser of the outstanding rates and charges on the subject property.

There is a statutory fee of $85 payable for each section 603 certificate. GST is not applicable.

For urgent certificates, an additional $42 may be paid for same-day service if lodged before 11am.

The certificate may be ordered:

Over the counter at Council's Customer Service Centre, 33 Moore Street, Liverpool, NSW 2170

Online - You can register to apply for section 603 certificates through ePathway.