- Food and financial assistance
- Aboriginal and Torres strait islander programs
- Aged care
- Families, relationships and counselling
- Out of home care
- Youth support
- Migrant and refugee support
- Mental health support
- Disability and carer support
- Counselling services
- Family counselling
- Individual counselling
- Relationship counselling
- Men’s counselling
Part of Primary and Community Health, the team offers counselling services for children up to 12 years of age (end of primary school). They deal with a variety of issues including behaviour problems, anxiety and fears, depression and mood issues, grief/trauma, social issues, sleep problems, school concerns and developmental issues.
For more information visit https://www.swslhd.health.nsw.gov.au/communityhealth/psychology.html
or call 8788 4200 and ask for Child and Family Psychology
Kids Helpline is Australia’s only free, private and confidential 24/7 phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25.They help young Australian’s to express themselves, build confidence and live safely. Kids can chat with our qualified counsellors FREE and they speak with thousands of young people every month.
For more information Visit www.kidshelpline.com.au and choose your appropriate age group.
If you need to speak to a counsellor, call 1800 55 1800, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Early intervention
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Educational support
- Psychology programs
- Counselling (child and parent)
- School holiday programs
- Out of school hours care
- Parenting programs
- Parent and child programs
MensLine Australia is a telephone and online counselling service for men with family and relationship concerns.
Call 1300 78 99 78 anytime anwhere or visit www.mensline.org.au for more information
STARTTS is a specialist, non-profit organisation that for 30 years has provided culturally appropriate and cutting edge psychological treatment and support to help people heal the scars of torture and refugee trauma and rebuild their lives in Australia. STARTTS helps people and communities from refugee backgrounds, including asylum seekers, who were forced to leave their country due to persecution in the context of political conflict, organised violence and human rights violations.
STARTTS employs specialist Child and Adolescent Counsellors, Youth Workers and School Liaison Officers who work with children, families and schools to provide a broad range of services including individual counselling, therapeutic group work and other activities such as camps and art, music or sports programs.
STARTTS also supports and resources service providers and schools to work more effectively with refugees.
Visit www.startts.org.au and hover over ‘Services’ to find out more, or call us on (02) 9646 6700
- parenting strategies for challenging behaviours
- parent-child relationships
- custody and access, and the
- emotional well-being of children and young people
Rosebank is a free and confidential counselling service for children and young people in Liverpool, Fairfield and Campbelltown who have experienced sexual abuse. We also counsel non-offending family members. We do not see anyone who has been accused of abuse.
In addition to counselling, we also offer Court preparation, advocacy, information and referral to other services, Victims Compensation Reports and groups, where possible.
Clients can refer themselves or be referred by a service. A report must have been made in order for the referral to meet entry criteria. Visit www.rosebank.org.au for more information.
Individual counselling and support to young people aged 10 to 25 who are experiencing problems associated with alcohol and other drug use. This also includes young people impacted by the alcohol and drug use of their family. Early intervention support focuses on mental health support, building resilience and teaching strategies of mindfulness and coping.
The Ted Noffs Foundation offers individual counselling, group work, workshops to schools, family counselling. For more information visit the website https://noffs.org.au/
- Children and young people: early learning, newpin, family and community engagement, homelessness services, foster care, aftercare for young people, drop in centres for young people, disability services, counselling, mediation, therapy intervention and support
- Older people
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders services: including Jaanimili- Birrung Gurung Intensive Family Support which offers support with managing behavioural problems, building parents confidence, managing stress, living with the effects of a child’s disability, planning daily routines, safety planning, linking to specialist services, case management, intensive support for 16 weeks and parent advocacy.
- Training and education
- Disability services
- Counselling and mediation