Liverpool City Council's Community Recycling Centre (CRC) provides the community with a free and convenient way of dropping off their problem waste for environmentally-friendly disposal and recycling.
The CRC is located at:
99 Rose St, Liverpool
and is open:
Monday to Friday: 7am – 3pm
Saturday: 7am – 3pm
Residents are able to dispose of the following waste items free of charge:
* See below for list of accepted e-waste items
Max. container size 20kgs or 20L, Max. 100L in total volume)
Film only accepted, please dispose of paper reports and envelopes separately
- Video & DVD players
- Stereos and speakers
- Fax machines
- Electronic games and toys
- Game consoles
- Digital & video cameras
- Desktop and laptop computers
- Computer monitors
- Computer mouse
- Hard drives
- Network, video and sound cards
- Vacuum cleaners
- Alarm clocks
- Toasters and kettles
- Drills and other power tools
For everyone’s safety and to meet licencing obligations, all users of the Centre must agree to:
- Safely and securely transport material to the centre.
- Follow all directions given by staff.
- When directed to stop, turn vehicle off.
- Only transport the approved types of waste to the site.
- Adhere to the quantity restrictions of 20kg or 20L maximum container size for all acceptable materials exclusive of paint material which has a maximum 100L allowance.
- Identify all materials you are disposing of when asked by staff. Visual inspections will be made by staff.
- Sort all material you are disposing of.
- Ensure polystyrene material is clean, i.e. free of plastic wrap, stickers.
- Advise staff if you are carrying any tyres, asbestos or other hazardous material.
- Staff can refuse to accept items or materials which Council is not licensed to accept or are above the restricted quantities.
- Ensure that children under 12 years of age and pets remain in vehicles at all times.
- Not enter receptacle area, which is clearly marked with a white line.
- Wear footwear at all times, preferably enclosed footwear.
- Not scavenge from any area of the Centre.
- Not smoke inside or outside your vehicle.
- Be aware of other vehicles in the Centre.
- Not use offensive behaviour or language as it will not be tolerated. Customers displaying this behaviour will be requested to leave the site.
- Customers not complying with directions from staff will be requested to leave the site.
- No photographs and videos to be taken on site without prior authorisation.
For more information call the Environment Line on 131 555 or Liverpool City Council's Customer Service Centre on 1300 36 2170.
This is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy.
Visit NSW Environment Protection Authority
Find your recycling and rubbish bin collection days
How to find your recycling calendar:
- You must start by entering your house number, for example 135, 3/52 or 64a.
- Continue to enter your street name then select your address from the drop down menu. Do not use
punctuation marks (commas, full-stops, etc.).
- Click on the calendar you wish to download (2018 or 2019).
The calendar will open in a new window for you to view, save or print for future reference.
* Your recycling day information is based on the official address of the residential property as stated on your rates notice. If you have recently moved into a new home, your address will not be searchable until you receive your first rates notice.
* Search is available for houses, villas and townhouses only. Residents of units and apartment blocks are advised to contact Council Council’s Customer Service Centre on 1300 36 2170 to confirm their bin collection day.
Your red-lid residual waste bin is collected every week with your yellow-lid recycling bin (and green-lid garden waste bin, if your property is provided with one) being collected on alternate fortnights as indicated on the collection calendar.
Please remember, when presenting your bins for collection that:
- Your bin lids should close flush.
- There is a space of at least 50cm between bins and that bin wheels face towards the house
- Bins are presented for collection no earlier than the evening before your collection day
- Bins are returned to your property as soon as they have been emptied.
- Public holidays will not affect the collection of your bins.
If you would like a generic recycling fridge calendar to be mailed to you or if you are experiencing issues with downloading your bin collection calendar, please contact Council on 1300 36 2170.
Are you a keen recycler and could do with an extra recycling bin? Do you have a large family and need additional bins?
Click here to download the 2017-2018 Application Form for Additional and Bin Upgrades. Property owner authorisation required. Fees apply.
Experiencing issues trying to access your recycling calendar?
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented. Your recycling day information is based on the official address of the residential property as stated on your rates notice.
Please report any technical issues to Liverpool City Council on 1300 36 2170 so that the issue can be addressed.